I am finally getting around to the vacation pictures. I am going to go a day at a time because I only took about 700 pictures...seriously! So day one started out rather smoothly. Carlyn had school and the boys went to Memaws. I wanted to get the packing done and the whole house cleaned, so I could relax and not have to worry about coming home to a messy house. That all went as planned, everything was packed and in the car by the time Carlyn got off the bus and I got all the laundry and almost all of the cleaning done. So we headed over to Memaw's, got the boys and ran into the bank. We decided that the kids could get money out of their savings accounts to take with them. Well, the first "incident" happened in the bank. Those darn stairs...they are just so appealing to little kids. All three of them know they are NOT allowed to go up the stairs, but they were so excited and completly forgot?!? Then Aldon fell down them...not such a great start to the trip. He was fine though! Then we were on the road. They all got disposable cameras from the Easter bunny and thought it'd be great for them to take them along. Both boys had their whole entire cameras spent by the time we got to Champaign. Too funny! Then came Mattoon...this is where we heard the first "When are we going to be there?" from Mr. Aldon. Brodie and I were both thinking to ourselves "Oh no!" We got a little ways into Tennesse the first day.


0 comments:
Post a Comment