April 26, 2012

Each of the kids gets one night a week where either Brodie or I will lay with them in bed for a little while before they go to sleep.  This gives them a little one on one time and allows them to chit chat a little.  This is the best time, because their little hearts open right up and they tell us things they might not otherwise talk about. Tuesday is Aldon's day.  Well this week I was laying with him and he was chewing on the side of his cheek. (Its a habit of his.)  I told him if he keeps that up he is going to chew his lip right off.  (Yes, I know I was being a little dramatic.)  I asked him what was he going to do when he got married and couldn't kiss his wife because he was without a lip.  I'm not sure why I thought of that, anyway... his response to me was, "I'm never going to get married.  I'm going to live with you forever."  Then a little birdie piped up from the otherside of the room and said, "Me too.  I'm going to marry you mommy." Aww...that's so sweet now...not sure how I'll feel when they are 40.

0 comments:

Post a Comment