July 1, 2011

The 4th

The 4th is here and gone already! It seems like we just did this last year! This weekend is so exciting for the kids and they were counting down the days. Carlyn had a hard time understanding why the 4th of July was being celebrated even though it was June. We attempted the kiddie tractor pulls again this year. Aldon had been looking forward to it all week. When they called his name he started to cry and didn't want to do it until Brodie told him he had a chance of winning a new tractor. Even then, I'm not sure he gave it his all. At least he tried!


I'm hoping that next year Carlyn will get to use the bigger tractor. Her knees were almost touching her ears.



Sometimes they are just too sweet with one another!




We sat in our usual spot to watch the fireworks. This year all three of them were scared. Bowen kept saying, "That's very loud!" Carlyn sat in the back of the suburban and Aldon sat on my lap with his ears covered. Luckily they ended just before the rain started. I tried to get a quick picture of the three of them in before the fireworks started but I knew I was pushing my luck. Bowen wouldn't even smile with Daddy standing by him. They were all exhausted after such a fun day! Aldon fell asleep on the way home.







0 comments:

Post a Comment