July 24, 2011

Happy Birthday Carlyn!

I can't hardly believe our little girl is seven! Carlyn's Birthday started at the crack of dawn. I had told her the night before that if she wanted to open her presents, she'd have to get up before Daddy left for work. She was so excited to open her gifts because she had seen them all wrapped the night before in the basement. Her main request for her birthday was either a cat or a DS...she's going to have to wait on the cat.

The boys were so excited about her opening their gift. Aldon kept saying, "C'mon Sissy, open your purse." What a surprise..a new purse!



We had Bible School all week and had the program the night of Carlyn's birthday. We stopped by Dairy Queen and had chili dogs and ice cream before. I'm thinking we've started a tradition because that's where Aldon had to go on his birthday too. We made it home just in time to take her birthday pictures before it got dark.





This girl has got to be the slowest present opener ever! I think part of it is that she is able to read her cards on her own now, which is pretty neat to see. I think she got just about everything she could possibly have wanted! Well, except for the cat.

Carlyn got her ice cream cake. What a great year for it! It was so hot. I remember bringing her home from the hospital and it was so cold! We had to keep her wrapped up with a blanket..in the middle of July.





What luck with pinatas. Carlyn was the first one to hit it and broke it open. At least the birthday girl got a chance!

0 comments:

Post a Comment