January 15, 2011

We are finally starting to get back in the swing of things. Carlyn looked forward to going back to school. She has been doing wonderful on her spelling tests. A+'s on them all so far. She must get it from her dad because I'm not the worlds best speller. She has been playing basketball at the youth center and has her first game on Monday. She was a little upset when she heard she was on the Michigan team. We only wear orange and blue around here. Her favorite new t.v. show is Wheel of Fortune. She gets it, and tries to solve the puzzles. Carlyn has been having friends come over and play a little more often now. This is a new chapter in a little girls life. Sophie was over one day and then Mattie. The boys don't want to leave them alone though.
Aldon is getting really excited that his birthday is just around the corner. He has decided on a monster truck party. I thought for sure he'd want to have a Buzz cake, but he is determined to have a big monster truck on it. He is enjoying preschool. He was so excited to go back after Christmas because "his" Josie was going to start. Aldon also enjoys going to Bible study on Tuesday afternoons. He really gets something out of it. He talks about the stories all the time and looks forward to going back. If you drop in for a visit on almost any afternoon, you will find him dressed up as buzz. He even puts his Buzz flip flops on. I think he takes after his Uncle Jake in the clothing department. He wears at least three different outfits a day and they all have to match.
Bowen has been going pee on the potty alot more lately. He tells you when he wants to go and goes. He has been talking a little more. I think he could say more if he wanted to. I remember thinking Aldon would never talk. Once he started, he never stopped. Bowen has really been enjoying the little helicopter he got for Christmas. He isn't one to play with toys, but he is getting a little better at it. While he still won't tell me that he loves me, he has started to come up and give me kisses on the cheek. How sweet!
I have been feeling a little better lately. I felt the first little kick yesterday. I know it seems early, but once you've felt that feeling, you know what it is. Carlyn and Aldon are both hoping for a girl. I keeping trying to remind them that it is what it is and that we can just pray for the baby to be healthy. Carlyn understands this but Aldon doesn't. If you ask Bowen where the baby is, he doesn't point to my stomach, he says "in the hage." (Garage) Too funny. Carlyn has come up with several names she likes: Simpson, Makenna, Addisyn. She also thinks we need to vote on the final name. Aldon has only come up with one girls name and that is Macy. He isn't about to think of boy names. We'll see. I did get to hear its little heart beat a couple of weeks ago, how exciting! I can't hardly wait to hear it again. Are we going to find out what it is? I'm still undecided but probably. I was never this sick with the others so I don't have a good guess. I have had several dreams that its a girl but I've also had several dreams that its twins, so I can't exactly rely on the dreams. (Twins do not run on either side of our family so I'm not worried about that.) I'm 11 weeks this week so about 1/3 of the way there. I am so looking forward to seeing what kind of personality this child will have. Its hard to believe that it will be different than the three little personalities already running around here. They are truly a blessing to me!

0 comments:

Post a Comment