January 4, 2011

Rockford


We went up to Rockford for a few days after Christmas. We had bid on a package at Devin's golf outing and won. I was so excited to know that we would have a little weekend out of town coming up. Well it came faster than I realized, but at a much needed time. To be honest, it was just nice to get away from all of the Christmas mess. We went to Coco Key Resort where the kids got to try their hand at a few water slides. They had this huge bucket that emptied itself all over whoever was standing on this perch. The water came down with such force I was always worried about Carlyn and Aldon being under it that it might sweep them out from under their feet.
Who needs water when there's food?



After we left the water park, we went to Chuck E Cheese for some pizza. We usually try to find one when we are on vacation. The kids always have so much fun! After such an exhausting day, Carlyn and Aldon ended up sacked out next to one another. You'd never be able to tell the had fought with each other all night. Carlyn was so mad when she saw I took this picture.
We also went to the Discovery Center Museum. It was every kids dream. Here is Aldon with is "green" shirt sitting in a "red" tractor.


They had this little corner that was a complete vets office. Of course this was right up Carlyn's alley. She gave them a hair-do, shots x-rays, etc.
Bowen needed a little hair-do himself.
This would make Pappy proud. Future mechanic?

It made me cringe when I saw he had this helmet on after half the world has probably had it on its head, but I figured it was already done.

0 comments:

Post a Comment