This post is better late than never...I'm sitting here while the oldest two watch a Star Wars movie, which is on til 11 (uhh...this is a special treat so I shouldn't be complaining) and decided this would be a good time to catch up on all the happenings around here. On our last day of vacation (like 2 1/2 months ago) we went to the Clearwater Marina in Clearwater, to see Winter, the dolphin from the movie Dolphin Tale. The kids were so excited about this. Almost as excited as they were when they got to see Mickey.
They all got to pet the stingrays and for some reason I didn't take a pic of the other two. On this particular day, there was a man dressed up as batman, walking around the marina. Not sure exactly what he had to do with the whole sha-bang but to a 5 year old little boy, it was a highlight of the trip, but maybe a little scary too because he didn't want to have his pic taken with him.
Here she is...the girl we came to see
Winter...
The kids looked at this prosthesis and were like "ok???" but I was so fascinated (when I was working, I always loved working with amputees). The lady told us so much about it...how many different prosthesis she had, how much money they each cost, how many hours a day she could wear it at a time, etc. She was very knowledgeable I might add!!
This was taken outside the marina...looks just like it did in the movie.
And then we started for home. We made the trip in a day and a half on the way back. The last 2 hours Bo Man cried screamed "Let me out, daddy!" "Stop the car and let me out!" "I want out now!" Ok, you get the point. It was so nice to be home! I could hardly wait to get them all scrubbed up in OUR tub and do our laundry and sleep in OUR bed. It was a WONDERFUL vacation, but vacations sure do make a person appreciate HOME!









0 comments:
Post a Comment