The goal to leave home today was 9:30. We left at 9:45. (That is pretty good for me though!) It was going fairly smooth considering Brodie wasn't home this morning. (He is T-E in our TEAM, ecspecially in the mornings. Well now that I think of it, in the evenings too!) Our first stop was Target. The kids were great there. Only one potty break. (This is significant when shopping on a time crunch.) Next, Gordmans to look for a few gifts. Still doing pretty good. Aldon so badly wanted to eat lunch at O'Charleys. So we did. Then as soon as our lunch came, one of the boys had to use the restroom. So, I got everyone somewhat wiped down and headed for the potty. Things took a little longer in there then expected (15 minutes), and I was worried when we got back to our table, the food would be gone. Luckily it was still there, but rather cold. Next stop, the dreaded Meijer. Oh how I dread it! You see, I like to power shop. If you thought you wanted to sit in the back of the cart, you soon change your mind when I start heaping groceries on top of you. Four or so trips to the bathroom later, I realize there is no way I can get home in time to get Carlyn off the bus. So, big thanks to Pappy for picking her up! By the time we get to the register, Masyn is fed up with being there. So she starts screaming, the ladies cash register starts acting up AND THEN just about as I am going to pay, the lady hit the wrong button. IT CLEARED THE SCREEN. She was so sorry, but I was going to have to go to the service desk to take care of it. OK, I can handle this...til I get to the service desk and see the eight other people in front of me. So I turned around and pleaded to the lady, "Can I please just leave you a check!!!" The answer sadly, was no. Well, I finally got that taken care of and we were on our way out the door when an elderly lady came up to me and said "Can I please help you get to your car?" I told her we'd make it, but she asked Bo if he would hold her hand on the way out to the car. He quickly did, what was I to say then? So she walked with us clear out to the car. We told her goodbye and I thanked her. There she went...to her car...the car parked in the closest handicaped spot to the store. You know how they say to always treat strangers well, because you never know when you are in the presence of an angel. Well, I had one of those moments today.
Once home, I realized that the ice cream melted out of the carton and all over the place. Bowen thought it would be a great idea to pour bubbles on his head while outside and rub it in real good, producing lots of lather. The cat got out SIX times, running away from all the screaming children chasing her. Aldon created a psunami while taking a bath, getting most of the bathroom floor wet. Bowen tried to help his self to the water from the brita pitcher, completly overflowing his cup, all over the kitchen floor. (At least it was water and not something sticky like lemonade.) Brodie had a meeting, which I completly forgot about, so the poor guy didn't get to eat because supper was about two hours late. Another peed on the one rug that didn't get wet with bath water and then the boys started in with their "brotherly love."
I think I could have really sat and thrown myself a pitty party, but it really helped me look at the little things today, that I am SO thankful for.
Like...
Seeing Bo Man in his camo hat, pretending to go hunting. He looks so sweet in a hat. His little grin just peeking out under the brim...
Teaching Carlyn this silly dance that made her laugh so hard. Oh you know this dance. The one where you put your hand behind your head and hand behind the opposite ankle and then try to touch elbow to ankle. Yep, I did it. Infront of the whole family. I wasn't sure this mama could still move like that. Not that it looked real pretty or anything...
Hearing Masyn cackle just because I was pretenting to eat her piggies...
Watching Aldon choose a Mother's Day gift for me at the store, hide it in his drawer once he got home, and then fifteen minutes later, get it out and play with it...
Feeling this big old hug from my bestest friend. He could tell it had been one of those days, and I might have been a little snippy, but Brodie made sure to stop me in the middle of the chaos and give me a "calm the storm hug."
Seriously...what a great day! Our hands are full...but they are full of beautiful things!


0 comments:
Post a Comment