April 1, 2010

A Day in St Louis

Yesterday we went to St Louis. We needed a day out of town and what a lovely day it was. After arriving at the zoo, we stopped to eat lunch. When Carlyn and Aldon were done eating, they went over to look at the geese. What a cute picture. If only they were that nice to one another all the time.

The kids couldn't wait to ride the train. We went through tunnels and got to see animals. It was nice to get a break from all the walking. Believe it or not, we were all complaining about how hot it was. Last week were complaing about the cool weather. Carlyn loved seeing the penguins and Aldon enjoyed watching the tigers play (very roughly I might add) while we waited for the train.

Bowen enjoyed getting out of the stroller. Of course he wouldn't leave his daddy's lap.

The bulbs were starting to bloom all over the zoo. I love to take Carlyn's picture with flowers. Even when she was little I'd set her in front of a pot of flowers. Two of the most beautiful things in the world.

Once again, the two of them were being so nice to each other. I heard Aldon ask Carlyn while we were walking, "Sissy, do you want to hold hands?" They made up for it in the car. Not 30 seconds after we left the zoo, he took her pencil and she scratched him. Everyone was crying and we lived happily ever after.

I was going to take a picture of the four of them and a lady that was passing by wasn't going to have any of that. She insisted on taking a family picture and I am so glad she did! This was the only shot and everyone is looking the same direction. What a miracle!

We ate at the Old Spaghetti Factory. It was such a pretty building. Aldon thought it looked like a church with all the stained glass windows.

After we were done eating, we enjoyed a ride in a carriage. Everyone enjoyed it. I was amazed that Aldon recognized the cobblestone road. He said why are all the rocks on the road? He doesn't miss anything. Carlyn loves animals, so she was so excited. She even thanked us again this morning for taking her on a carriage ride. It will be something I don't think she'll forget.

0 comments:

Post a Comment