April 29, 2013

I am going to say that I am going to get back into the blogging world now, but I can't really make any promises. I took a few pics this morning and so I thought I'd share.  Bowen and I got the sandbox back in working order.  He played in there for at least an hour and a half.  He finally got out because his "neck was hurting."
Yesterday we stopped by Ron and Jimmie Nell's to pick up a few chickens.  We ended up with 6 hens and 2 roosters.  The kids are just about as excited as me!  I could hardly help but take a few pictures of them.
After an 1+ hour attempt at getting them in the chicken coop last night, only 3 are brave enough to come out today.  Good thing our neighbors don't say much because I'm sure it was quite comical...2 adults and our children, chasing these birds around the yard. The others are quite content basking in the sun...in the coop.  The two roosters didn't make it in last night and are still alive today!
The plan is to put up some fence for them to roam around in.  Our picket fence is useless when it comes to corralling them.  They just hop right through.  As for now, we will just watch where we step and enjoy the show they give.  The one was pecking on the patio door this morning.


0 comments:

Post a Comment