August 16, 2012

The first day of school

So today was the first day of school (sniff sniff).  We now have a third grader...
and a kindergartner (sniff sniff)...
It is wonderful to see them grow and become such nice kids, but at the same time I just wish they'd stay little, a little longer.  This year was especially hard, for me at least.  I've seen just how fast they grow.  Once they enter kindergarten, it's like woosh....BAM...third grade. These four little people have no idea just how much they mean to me...
and there they go...
The two of them did sit by each other and I'm sure that they will for awhile.  Carlyn is loving being the "big sister" by showing her little brother how it's done.  She is such a sweetie and he knows that he's got the best big sister around. And the following is a paparazzi shot.  I did follow them to school (sniff sniff) and yes they were holding hands as they got off the bus and the whole way into the school.
Look at that sweet little boy...our kindergartner...
And I know that today is going to be the easy day because they will only be gone two hours.  Now tomorrow may be the day I need moral support...they will be gone all day (sniff sniff).  I'm going to get them off the bus now :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment