June 13, 2011

Ketchup

Its been a little crazy around here lately so I'm going to try and play catch up, once again.


After Bible study one night, I came home to find Brodie and all three of the kids in the same chair. Poor guy, he couldn't move without knocking Aldon off the chair and he was so hot with all three of the little "heaters" surrounding him, but he was enjoying every minute of it.

One morning a few weeks ago, I was putting on my mascara while Bowen was brushing his teeth. I noticed that he was watching me real carefully but just thought he was wondering why in the world mom was putting that stuff on her eyes. Wrong! He was taking it all in. While I was doing Carlyn's hair, I thought he was being awfully quiet so when I went to check on him I found him applying mascara to every part of his face. He even made sure to get some on his lips.



On Memorial Day, dad took us up to the Sportsman's Club to go fishing. The kids were so excited! Carlyn could have stayed out there all day long. She learned real fast how to cast the rod and even caught several fish. She even had a "big bass" on her line and as she was reeling it in, it "jumped off." She was so disappointed!

While the Bo man wasn't that interested in fishing, he did sit on his dad's lap long enough to catch one fish. He was all smiles until daddy got the fish too close to him.

He had more fun horsing around in the suburban. When we left the rear wipers were on and the garage door opener was missing. We found it a few days later, thankfully.


Aldon enjoyed fishing but it was only a matter of time until he was ready to move on to something else.



Aldon and Pappy



Our worm farm arrived and I was so surprised at how tiny the worms were. Carlyn said, "We aren't going to be able to use them for fishing, are we?" Well... probably not for awhile. We got their habitat all set up and fed them some left over spinach for starters and since then they've had apples and watermelon as well as whatever the kids have put in there. I'll be interested to see how long they survive around here.

Aldon carried this particular worm around on his shovel all night.


Carlyn is never afraid to get her hands dirty.






Silly boy. As I was trying to get the boys room cleaned out and organized a little, Bowen was dragging everything out. Between the boys room and the toy room, we have 4 diaper boxes of toys to get rid of. Yeah!


Aldon sang at the older kids preschool graduation and they had a fun night afterwards. This was the only way I could get another picture of Aldon. I told him he could have his picture taken with Jesus.







0 comments:

Post a Comment