June 26, 2010

Survival Mode

We have definitely been on survival mode around here. We've had ball games and weddings and birthday parties and cookouts and storms and swim lessons and heat. I know we're not the only ones that live this way but golly I can't wait for things to slow down! Its been hard making sure we have clean underwear and cups to drink from! I don't see much light at the end of the tunnel with the Fourth coming up and Carlyn's birthday, but I'm sure we'll have fun with all the upcoming events! Oh, there is light at the end of the tunnel as far as the heat goes. Alan Duden will be my new best friend! We are getting air conditioning. HOORAY! If you know me well, you know I DO NOT like to sweat! So getting air is like winning the lottery. I am so excited! The kids have not been sleeping well either. I'm not sure if its from the heat or just from being sooo exhausted. All three of them come to our room at various times during the night to seek shelter. We've gotten to the point where we don't even notice them slipping into our bed. This is what it looks like in our queen size bed most mornings, but with Brodie and I squished in. That lump behind Aldon is Carlyn under the sheet.

I have been making Carlyn and Aldon lay down for "quiet time" in the afternoon to get a little rest in. Carlyn reads Aldon up to six books. She has a way with him. I can't get him to sit still and listen to a book. He just listens to her, its so sweet.

0 comments:

Post a Comment